Saturday, March 21, 2020

Faith Erasing Fear; "Fear Not, I Am With You"





He Will Hold Me Fast


When I fear my faith will fail, Christ will hold me fast;
When the tempter would prevail, He will hold me fast.
I could never keep my hold through life's fearful path;
For my love is often cold; He must hold me fast.
He will hold me fast, He will hold me fast;
For my Savior loves me so, He will hold me fast.
Those He saves are His delight, Christ will hold me fast;
Precious in his holy sight, He will hold me fast.
He'll not let my soul be lost; His promises shall last;
Bought by Him at such a cost, He will hold me fast.
He will hold me fast, He will hold me fast;
For my Savior loves me so, He will hold me fast.
For my life He bled and died, Christ will hold me fast;
Justice has been satisfied; He will hold me fast.
Raised with Him to endless life, He will hold me fast
'Till our faith is turned to sight, When He comes at last!
He will hold me fast, He will hold me fast;
For my Savior loves me so, He will hold me fast.

I Need Thee Every Hour

I need Thee every hour,
Most gracious Lord;
No tender voice like Thine,
Can peace afford.
I need Thee, O I need Thee,
Every hour I need Thee!
O bless me now, Savior,
I come to Thee.
I need Thee every hour,
Stay Thou near by;
Temptations lose their power,
When Thou art nigh.
I need Thee, O I need Thee;
Every hour I need Thee!
O bless me now, my Savior,
I come to Thee.
I need Thee every hour,
In joy or pain;
Come quickly and abide,
Or life is vain.
I need Thee, O I need Thee;
Every hour I need Thee!
O bless me now, my Savior,
I come to Thee.

Sermon Questions

 1.  In what ways does God’s sovereignty over all history bring hope in the midst of this pandemic?  Can you think of ways God has used tragedies, conflicts, and pains of the past to bring forth his glory?


2.   Many of the things we seek our security, significance, and acceptance in have been stripped away in this time of pandemic.  Is God revealing to you any idols you have clung to?  If so, what are they.  In what ways does God accomplish what these idols cannot?

3.  God strengthens us, who seem helpless, to accomplish great things through his strength and for his glory.  As we face this pandemic as the Church, how can we bring glory to God and hope to the world 


3 comments:

  1. Thank you, Tyler and Emily, for blessing us with this encouraging message and music this morning! Yes, God IS in control!
    Love, Nathan & JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes thank you so much for your message and music and to all who contributed to putting this together. It is a blessing to be able to connect. Love, Susan and Jim Hagge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Tyler & Emily for your ministry by which I have been blessed!! So wonderful to see your love for our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ! I will keep you in my prayers!
    Love, Aunt Patty

    ReplyDelete